Hours: 0.4 Fractional Contract
Salary: £18,751 per annum (full time equivalent)
Closing date: 14/06/2019
Macclesfield College is a leading provider of Further Education and Higher Education in the North West of England. Macclesfield College is part of a modern, inspiring campus providing education to learners of all ages and abilities. Based in East Cheshire, the College offers free secure campus parking and excellent transport links.
Recognised as a ‘Good’ College at its November 2017 Ofsted inspection. Our mission is simple- “Empowerment through learning”.
Macclesfield College has just been confirmed as the overall best- performing FE institution within the key Cheshire and Warrington sub-region, according to the latest statistics published in the National Achievement Rate Tables.
Furthermore on 5th April 2019, Macclesfield College was proud to be awarded winners of the ‘Business and Education’ category of the East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Awards.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the re-launch of the Hospitality and Catering department at Macclesfield College and to create a ‘centre of excellence’ which will be recognised both locally and ultimately nationally. We want the successful candidate to have recent industrial experience in the sector.
Our new curriculum offer is an exciting blend of a full-time hospitality and catering offer that will lead to a guaranteed apprenticeship at high quality businesses within this occupational area.
Your role will be to support staff and learners with the delivery and assessment of our Hospitality & Catering courses and provide technical support in the kitchen areas, ensuring that the provision and all equipment operates consistently to a high standard, and that all aspects of Health & Safety and food hygiene are met.
- To issue equipment to learners and ensure its return
- To maintain the kitchen to a high level of cleanliness, hygiene and health & safety
- To prepare demonstration resources for Hospitality & Catering courses
- To assist with enrolment and induction, as required
- To ensure stock levels are maintained, place orders and check deliveries
- To maintain laundry facilities
- To assist with promotional events and commercial income
- To assist lecturers with the supervision of learners, where required
- To have a good knowledge and awareness of Health and Safety within the sector, to maintain kitchen equipment to ensure compliance with Health & Safety requirements and be competent in conducting workplace risk assessments
- To be proactive at all times and work on own initiative and as part of a team
- To undertake all aspects of the post in accordance with the College’s Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding and Health and Safety policies and schemes
- To comply with the College’s General Data Protection policy in relation to the collection, use, storage and disposal of personal and/or sensitive data.
- To attend and contribute to departmental meetings
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be expected commensurate with grade, both within and, where required, external to the College.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 9.00 a.m. on Friday 14th June 2019
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.