Hours: 37 hours per week, Full time
Salary: up to £32,799 per annum
Closing date: 09/03/2021
Macclesfield College is a leading provider of Further Education and Higher Education in the North West of England. Macclesfield College is part of a modern, inspiring campus providing education to learners of all ages and abilities. Based in East Cheshire, the College offers free secure campus parking and excellent transport links.
Recognised as a ‘Good’ College at its November 2017 Ofsted inspection. Our mission is simple- “Empowerment through learning”.
Macclesfield College has just been confirmed as the overall best- performing FE institution within the key Cheshire and Warrington sub-region, according to the latest statistics published in the National Achievement Rate Tables.
Furthermore, on 5th April 2019, Macclesfield College was proud to be awarded winners of the ‘Business and Education’ category of the East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Awards.
The College is seeking an experienced Lecturer in Carpentry & Joinery on a full-time permanent contract to work as a key member of the Construction Department to deliver high quality training and assessment from entry level up to level 3.
Applicants must possess a degree or equivalent appropriate qualification, and a Teaching Qualification to the required national standards. Level 2 in English, Mathematics & ICT qualifications are essential as is a commitment to attainment of student success.
- To plan teaching, learning and assessment for college programmes using the appropriate college and awarding body format to ensure effective learning.
- To deliver teaching and learning to a consistently good or outstanding standard to achieve high success rates.
- To assess accurately learners, work both formatively and summatively against appropriate awarding body criteria to ensure learners achieve their qualifications.
- To comply with all college quality assurance procedures as prescribed to ensure the achievement of all internal and external audits.
- To use all appropriate resources effectively to ensure that the learners’ experience results in positive learning outcomes and high professional standards.
- To support learners progress through personal tutoring to help learners achieve their full potential and progress appropriately.
- To assist with the marketing of college programmes including identifying new opportunities, attending internal and external events and interview evenings to increase the recruitment of Learners.
To view the full job description and person specification for this role then please click the link below.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.
Closing date for applications is 9am on 9th March 2021.
To apply, simply click on the ‘application forms’ link below and return the completed forms to: email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application
Contact Details: For any further details contact Human Resources – Macclesfield College on: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org