Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £24,641-£32,475 per annum (depending on qualifications and experience)
Closing date: 14/06/2019
Macclesfield College is a leading provider of Further Education and Higher Education in the North West of England. Macclesfield College is part of a modern, inspiring campus providing education to learners of all ages and abilities. Based in East Cheshire, the College offers free secure campus parking and excellent transport links.
Recognised as a ‘Good’ College at its November 2017 Ofsted inspection. Our mission is simple- “Empowerment through learning”.
Macclesfield College has just been confirmed as the overall best- performing FE institution within the key Cheshire and Warrington sub-region, according to the latest statistics published in the National Achievement Rate Tables.
Furthermore on 5th April 2019, Macclesfield College was proud to be awarded winners of the ‘Business and Education’ category of the East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Awards.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer to join our IT Department.
This role will deliver high quality and innovative teaching, learning and assessment to learners within the IT Faculty.
Applicants should have a full teaching qualification to current national standards. A Degree or equivalent/professional qualification in the subject area is also essential.
The successful candidate will ideally have a specialism in either:
- Hardware & networking (PC maintenance and support), IT system & troubleshooting, and network configuration and administration
- Software development and programming (ability to programme in Python, VB.net, C # or C++) with knowledge of advance database system, information systems and MIS systems
It would also be desirable for the candidate to hold vendor qualification (e.g. Microsoft Cisco).
- To plan teaching, learning and assessment for college programmes using the appropriate college format to ensure effective learning.
- To deliver teaching and learning to at least a consistently good or outstanding standard to achieve high success rates.
- To assess accurately learners work both formatively and summatively against appropriate awarding body criteria to ensure learners achieve their qualifications.
- To support learners progress through personal tutoring and parent/carers evenings to help learners achieve their full potential and progress appropriately.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 9.00 a.m. on Friday 14th June 2019
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.
Contact Details: For any further details contact Human Resources – Tel: 01625 410007 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org