Salary: up to £32,799
Closing date: 22/01/2021
Macclesfield College is a leading provider of Further Education and Higher Education in the North West of England. Macclesfield College is part of a modern, inspiring campus providing education to learners of all ages and abilities. Based in East Cheshire, the College offers free secure campus parking and excellent transport links.
Recognised as a ‘Good’ College at its November 2017 Ofsted inspection. Our mission is simple- “Empowerment through learning”.
Macclesfield College has just been confirmed as the overall best-performing FE institution within the Cheshire and Warrington sub-region, according to the latest statistics published in the National Achievement Rate Tables.
Furthermore, in April 2019, Macclesfield College was proud to be awarded winners of the ‘Business and Education’ category of the East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Awards.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Lecturer in Math’s on a Fixed term basis until June 2021. Working in collaboration within the Math’s Department, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering effective teaching, learning and assessment to learners within the Math’s programme.
Applicants must possess a degree or equivalent appropriate qualification, and a Teaching Qualification to the required national standards. Level 2 in English, Mathematics & ICT qualifications are essential as is a commitment to attainment of student success.
- To plan teaching, learning and assessment for college programmes using the appropriate college and awarding body format to ensure effective learning.
- To deliver teaching and learning to a consistently good or outstanding standard to achieve high success rates.
- To assess accurately learners, work both formatively and summatively against appropriate awarding body criteria to ensure learners achieve their qualifications.
- To comply with all college quality assurance procedures as prescribed to ensure the achievement of all internal and external audits.
- To use all appropriate resources effectively to ensure that the learners’ experience results in positive learning outcomes and high professional standards.
- To support learners progress through personal tutoring to help learners achieve their full potential and progress appropriately.
- To assist with the marketing of college programmes including identifying new opportunities, attending internal and external events and interview evenings to increase the recruitment of Learners.
To view the full job description and person specification for this role please click the link below.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 9.00 a.m. on Friday 22nd January 2021.
To apply for this post, please download the application forms by clicking on the Application Forms link shown below.
Please email the completed forms to email@example.com
Contact Details: For any further details contact Human Resources – Tel: 01625 410007 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org