Hours: Full-time – 37 hours weekly (Monday – Friday)
Salary: £19,957 per annum
Closing date: 06/01/2020
Macclesfield College is a leading provider of Further Education and Higher Education in the North West of England. Macclesfield College is part of a modern, inspiring campus providing education to learners of all ages and abilities. Based in East Cheshire, the College offers free secure campus parking and excellent transport links.
Recognised as a ‘Good’ College at its November 2017 Ofsted inspection. Our mission is simple- “Empowerment through learning”.
Macclesfield College has just been confirmed as the overall best- performing FE institution within the key Cheshire and Warrington sub-region, according to the latest statistics published in the National Achievement Rate Tables.
In April 2019, Macclesfield College was proud to be awarded winners of the ‘Business and Education’ category of the East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Awards.
Recently, the College has been delighted to be recognised as an accredited ‘Living Wage Foundation Employer.’
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and experienced Payroll & Pension Officer to join our friendly HR Department at Macclesfield College.
Primarily responsible for all functions of the payroll and pension process (including pension auto-enrolment) for around 230 employees on a monthly basis you will be responsible for ensuring that the monthly and annual payroll and pension returns are produced and validated within agreed timescales as stated in the Financial Regulations and in accordance with statutory legislation.
Key responsibilities will include
- Preparation & reconciliation of monthly payroll,
- Answering all payroll & pension queries in a timely and confidential manner, ensuring at all times a high level of customer service
- Completion and submittal of all returns to the Local Government and Teachers Pension in accordance with the schemes respective timelines
- Production of the monthly general ledger journal from the payroll, ensuring a complete reconciliation to the payroll.
You will require:
- A strong working knowledge of Payroll (Payrite) and Pensions ideally in an educational setting
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of administering the Local Government Pension Scheme & the Teachers Pensions scheme
- Excellent written, verbal and IT skills
- Excellent organisational skills and a strong attention to detail
If you feel this role offers you the rewarding opportunity you are seeking, we would like to hear from you.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and receipt of satisfactory references.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.
To apply please click on the application forms link below. Please return completed forms to email@example.com