Hours: Various hours available
Salary: £22.73 per hour
Closing date: 14/07/2020
Macclesfield College is a leading provider of Further Education and Higher Education in the North West of England. Macclesfield College is part of a modern, inspiring campus providing education to learners of all ages and abilities. Based in East Cheshire, the College offers free secure campus parking and excellent transport links.
Recognised as a ‘Good’ College at its November 2017 Ofsted inspection. Our mission is simple- “Empowerment through learning”.
Macclesfield College has just been confirmed as the overall best- performing FE institution within the key Cheshire and Warrington sub-region, according to the latest statistics published in the National Achievement Rate Tables. Furthermore on 5th April 2019, Macclesfield College was proud to be awarded winners of the ‘Business and Education’ category of the East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Awards.
PTHP Lecturer in Mathematics
Hours: Various hours available
Location: Based across any of the college sites
Macclesfield College is seeking applications to work at the college commencing in September 2020. We are looking to attract the very best talent to deliver effective teaching, learning and assessment to learners within the curriculum area. Therefore, if you have experience of delivering high quality Mathematics provision and would like to be considered for opportunities with Macclesfield College then we’d love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will work as part of an existing team to support the delivery of outstanding provision across the College.
Applicants should have a full teaching qualification to current national standards.
A Degree or equivalent/professional qualification in the subject area is also essential.
- To plan teaching, learning and assessment for college programmes using the appropriate college format to ensure effective learning.
- To deliver teaching and learning to at least a consistently good or outstanding standard to achieve high success rates.
- To assess accurately learners work both formatively and summatively against appropriate awarding body criteria to ensure learners achieve their qualifications.
- To comply with all college quality assurance procedures as prescribed by the Vice Principal -Curriculum & Quality to ensure the achievement of all internal and external audits.
- To use all appropriate resources effectively to ensure that the learners’ experience results in positive learning outcomes and high professional standards.
- To support learners progress through personal tutoring and parent/carers evenings to help learners achieve their full potential and progress appropriately.
- To assist with the marketing of college programmes including identifying new opportunities, attending internal and external events and interview evenings to increase the recruitment of learners.
For further information about this role and the skills, experience and qualities required, please view the job description and person specification attached to this advert.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and receipt of satisfactory references.
The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.
Closing date for applications is 9am on Tuesday 14th July 2020.
To apply, simply complete and return the application forms below.
We look forward to receiving your application.