Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: Competitive for the right candidate
Closing date: 28/06/2019
Macclesfield College is a leading provider of Further Education and Higher Education in the North West of England. Macclesfield College is part of a modern, inspiring campus providing education to learners of all ages and abilities. Based in East Cheshire, the College offers free secure campus parking and excellent transport links.
Recognised as a ‘Good’ College at its November 2017 Ofsted inspection. Our mission is simple- “Empowerment through learning”.
Macclesfield College has just been confirmed as the overall best- performing FE institution within the key Cheshire and Warrington sub-region, according to the latest statistics published in the National Achievement Rate Tables.
Furthermore on 5th April 2019, Macclesfield College was proud to be awarded winners of the ‘Business and Education’ category of the East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Awards.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior MIS and Reporting Analyst to join our MIS Department.
This role will play a vital part in achieving the Colleges Mission and Vision as this post will support the essential functions of the MIS & Reporting Team, which play a key role in accurate management of College data.
Main responsibilities will include:
- To act as the main source of data analysis and data management for the whole college
- To lead the MIS and reporting team ensuring key reporting and funding data returns are made in line with the required dates.
- To work with the Director of MIS and Examinations to ensure delivery of reporting and data supports the strategic direction of the College.
Applicants should ideally have proven experience of working with MIS at an education establishment.
Moreover experience of managing a team is an essential requirement.
- To develop reports using Microsoft SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services and Microsoft Excel as well as the reporting facilities within the “Pro” Suite, on both a regular basis to meet organizational needs, and on an ad hoc basis as requested by ELT.
- To manage the MIS and Reporting team taking responsibility for their effectiveness and conduct.
- To be the technical lead for the team providing support and guidance in development of reporting solutions to meet the needs of the College.
- To be proficient with the Pro Suite of Software. To have a high level of understanding of the Student record system data structure, to enable identification of possible data errors. Discuss issues with the software provider where necessary.
- To advise and monitor the timely completion of data returns to all external bodies in the prescribed formats required (EFA, SFA, HEFCE etc…) to ensure all deadlines are met in accordance with specific requirements.
- Support the IT team with the performance, planning, maintenance and implementation of software upgrades for MIS-related systems.
- Maintain up to date funding data via the Data Service Software and monitor accuracy of funding data and maximization of funding using the DSAT Software.
- To liaise with MIS Director to ensure course set up is in line with appropriate funding rules and to identify learners record errors and advise MIS team on appropriate corrections to be made.
- Be familiar with the EFA/SFA/HEFCE funding methodology to enable identification of possible funding errors or methods of maximising funding.
- Provide AUDIT data analysis during ILR audits for all provision within the college.
- Ensure that core reporting information is available at commencement of enrolment for an academic year.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 9.00 am on Friday 28th June 2019
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.
Contact Details: For any further details contact Human Resources – Tel: 01625 410007 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org