This course provides an excellent and varied programme giving you access to Apprenticeships, Higher Education or to a wide variety of IT careers. You will develop skills, knowledge and understanding in IT and you will apply your learning in a practical and realistic way.
For this course you will need to have achieved one of the following:
• A minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade 4, to include English Language and Mathematics
• A Level 2 qualification (e.g. BTEC Level 2 Certificate) at Merit grade or above with Functional Skills English and Mathematics at Level 2 or above
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
For this course you will study a total of thirteen units. Seven mandatory units will provide a general foundation and six specialist units which will introduce you to particular topics in more depth.
All learners will be required to complete the mandatory units, you will then be able to choose which pathway you would like to study. You can choose between Games Development and Computing.
• Information Technology Systems
• Creating Systems to Manage Information
• Using Social Media in Business
• IT Project Management
• Cyber Security and Incident Management
• IT Service Delivery
Specialist units may include:
• Computer Games Development
• Mobile Apps Development
• Software Testing
• Digital 2D and 3D Graphics
• The Internet of Things
• Digital Animation and Effects
• IT Technical Support and Management
Alongside your main programme of study you will also study either GCSE or Functional Skills in English and Maths if you have not achieved a GCSE grade 4 or above.
The BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in IT units are assessed through project work, assignment work and external examinations. Each unit is graded Pass, Merit or Distinction and then an overall grade of Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction* is awarded on completion.
GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications are assessed through external examination and portfolio work.
Fees Advanced Learning Loan: £4291.50
On successful achievement of this course you may wish to:
• Apply to study the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in IT and after apply to study at Higher Education to undertake a Higher National or Degree in Games Development or an IT related subject such as E-Commerce or Multimedia
• Pursue career opportunities in business systems management, E-Commerce, games design or web development as the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma is valued by employers
• Apply to study a Higher Apprenticeship
Additional help and support is available should you require it and you can discuss this further at your admissions interview.
You will have the opportunity to undertake work experience and to take part in educational and industrial visits during your course. Possible visits may include MOSI, Old Trafford Football Ground, The Bradford Media Museum, local businesses, university and UCAS events, most of which will incur an additional cost which will be discussed at interview.
Next course available: September 4th, 2023
Days of week: TBA
Number of Weeks: 35
If you haven’t found the right course for you, then tell us about the course that you are looking for.