This course will allow you to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in Bricklaying.
For this course you will need to have achieved one of the following:
· City & Guilds Level 1 Diploma in Bricklaying (equivalent qualifications or experience would be considered)
· Credit for Units 201/601 can be given if completed in the Level 1 Diploma.
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
During this course you will cover the following units;
• Health, safety and welfare in construction
• Principles of construction, quantities and communicating with others
• Producing thin joint masonry and masonry cladding
• Building solid walling, isolated and attached piers
• Interpreting working drawings to set out masonry structures
• Construct cavity walling forming masonry structures
Alongside your main programme of study you will also study either GCSE or Functional Skills in English and Maths if you have not achieved a GCSE grade 4 or above. If you have achieved a grade 4 or above in GCSE English and Maths, you will engage in extending these skills through a Directed Study Programme.
Assessment will be through a combination of practical evidence, course work and online exam.
GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications are assessed through external examination and portfolio work.
Fees Advanced Learning Loan: £0.00
On successful achievement of this course you may wish to:
• Apply to study the Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations
• Apply to study the Level 3 Diploma in Bricklaying
• Apply for an Apprenticeship in the construction industry
Additional help and support is available should you require it and you can discuss this further at your admissions interview.
Next course available: September 4th, 2023
Days of week: TBA
Number of Weeks: 35
If you haven’t found the right course for you, then tell us about the course that you are looking for.