This is a two-year course which has been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses to ensure that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares students for work.
For this course you will need to have achieved one of the following:
• A minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade 4, ideally to include English Language and Mathematics
• A successful interview with a tutor
• the ability to study independently
• a genuine interest in the subject
• good communication skills
• hardworking approach towards the industry
T Levels will combine classroom theory, practical learning and a minimum 315 hours of industry placement with an employer to make sure students have real experience of the workplace.
The Technical Qualification (TQ) is the main classroom-based element of the T Level and will see students learning from a curriculum that has been shaped by industry experts.
During the two-year programme, students will learn the core knowledge that underpins each industry and they will also develop occupationally specific skills that will allow them to enter skilled employment within a specific occupation.
The core content focuses on knowledge and understanding of contexts, concepts, theories, principles and core skills relevant to the digital industry. This includes the business context, data analysis, security and tools relevant to the digital industry. The occupational specialist content focuses on:
• Analyse a problem to define requirements and acceptance criteria aligned to user needs
• Design, implement and test software
• Change, maintain and support software
• Create solutions in a social and collaborative environment
The core content is assessed through an examination and a practical employer-set project. The occupational specialism is assessed through a project that is created in conjunction with digital employers.
Fees Advanced Learning Loan: £0.00
On successful achievement of this course you may wish to:
• Apply to study at Universities such as such as Northumbria, Newcastle, Sunderland, Leeds, Liverpool and Teesside or BTEC HNC/HND at Macclesfield College.
• Pursue career opportunities in into a role as software engineer, web developer, data analyst, database administrator
Additional help and support is available should you require it and you can discuss this further at your admissions interview.
You will have the opportunity to undertake work experience and to take part in educational and industrial visits during your course. Possible visits may CEVITR, Amazon, UA92, ICO , local businesses, university and UCAS events, most of which will incur an additional cost which will be discussed at interview.
Next course available: September 4th, 2023
Days of week: TBA
If you haven’t found the right course for you, then tell us about the course that you are looking for.