The Aspirations Academy is centred on supporting students in demonstrating the skills, efficiency and readiness for a full time programme in college, an apprenticeship or employment. The Aspirations Academy is the just the start of your journey!
The programme will help young people to use Macclesfield College’s ‘3 A’ framework for success. The programme will prioritise Attendance, Attitude and Appearance as the underpinning skills to be.
There are no formal entry requirements for this programme.
This programme has been designed to support progression to full time study, employment or work-based learning. The content has been developed to students with the skills needed to ensure success.
Students will learn about the following:
• The importance of ‘turning up’ and how to use an action plan that will help to achieve and maintain high levels of attendance
• Learn about different communication skills
• Reflect on how behaviour can impact on your future
• Work through skills tool kits to help you develop a winning attitude
• Learn the industry standards that employers expect
• How to present for your dream job
Students will be able to choose one of our two technical pathways: sport or business. There will be opportunities to develop literacy and numeracy skills.
There will also be a focus on wider transferable skills which have been identified by employers. These include:
• Communication skills
• Problem solving skills
• Critical thinking
• Collaboration skills
• Applying a logical approach to solving problems, identifying issues and proposing solutions
Our specialist teaching and support staff will:
• Understand barriers and challenges
• Equip students will a tool kit to achieve
• Support students to plan their next steps
• Connect students with mentors and coaches related to your chosen sector
• Develop an action plan to achieve your ambition
• Unpick the importance of English and maths in the world of work
• Celebrate your success!
This course will be assessed through the completion of a set of targets agreed at the beginning of your programme. There will also be a project that you will be expected to complete.
Successful completion of the course allows students the opportunity to progress to employment, an apprenticeship or into a full-time study programme within their chosen area.
Additional help and support is available should you require it and you can discuss this further at your admissions interview.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410062.
Duration and Times
Start date: 05/09/2022
End date: 09/02/2023
Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Days of week: TBA
Number of Weeks: 16